Friday, May 11, 2012

Fragrance-Free is delicious?

I'm starting up a line of fragrance-free things such as hand lotions, soaps, and lip balms. I'm still working on perfecting the lotion and soap, but I'm pretty sure I've nailed the lip balm. Most fragrance-free things smell terrible since the lack of fragrance lets the terrible smell of the ingredients come through, and I always catch a slightly chemical-like odor. I've always hated them, and since my mother's allergic to fragrances, I was exposed to them a LOT as a child.

I decided if I was going to do fragrance-free right, I'd have to make the ingredients smell INCREDIBLE. So I did it! I used cocoa butter which naturally smells like chocolate, beeswax, which smells like honey, and the biggie that flavors and scents the whole thing is locally produced hazelnut oil, which is just plain incredible. The fact that the scent comes from the hazelnut oil and cocoa butter also meant that I had to make it mostly FROM those things, which makes it about as intensely powerful as possible.

Yeah. It's as amazing as it sounds.
I'm completely addicted to this stuff, now, and my allergic to fragrances mother approves heartily. I can't decide if it smells more like a really good cup of coffee, hazelnut hot cocoa, or honey caramels. How do you get something so incredible, you ask? Right here! The honey caramels are also as amazing as they come. Just so ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment