Friday, May 11, 2012

REAL Popcorn!


There is nothing like REAL popcorn. The bagged stuff gags me now. I'll warn you about that danger first.



In my big spaghetti pot with the very thick bottom, I put butter and canola oil, heating it up on high. I also add my salt now. Heat it up until it sizzles.




Add popcorn. A little will do you!



Put the lid on and move it back and forth or in a circle so the popcorn rolls around in the hot oil, not sticking and burning. You'll hear some popping soon, and that's when you REALLY shake! Shake it GOOD until you stop hearing pops, not letting any of it settle on the bottom for long, or it'll burn. The butter and salt is coating it as it pops. When the popping slows, turn the heat off, and remove it entirely once it stops, shaking for a few more seconds up and down to keep the butter moving around.



Mmmmm... Open her up and serve! Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment